“ The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.
You can help kids worldwide build a strong foundation for their future.
Imagine life without the ability to read or do basic math. For 56% of elementary-aged children around the world who don’t meet minimum reading proficiency standards, the future can look bleak.
Together, we can do more than just get kids in the classroom — we can empower them for a brighter future. Equipped with literacy and essential life skills, they can grow into adults who earn higher wages, educate their own children, and have a voice in their community.
You’ll help kids break the cycle of poverty by providing resources like:
- Teaching and learning materials in local languages
- Set-up and facilitation of early education centers and after-school clubs
- Distribution of school supplies and books
- Teacher training, reading camps, and production for World Vision’s acclaimed Unlock Literacy program, which has improved literacy rates for 1.7 million girls and boys
- Training for children and communities to prevent and respond to gender-based violence in schools, and support for girls to transition to and complete secondary school
- Skills training to support adolescents in achieving educational and life goals
- Collaboration with leaders and governments to improve the quality of education
- Educational support for kids in fragile contexts and emergency settings
Monthly giving: the simple way to make your donations do more.
Monthly giving is the most effective way to help the children and families who need it most. It lowers costs, which means more of your gift helps kids! Plus, your donations will be delivering the right solution at just the right time. And while your gifts are changing lives, you’ll get to see the power of your generosity through quarterly updates and World Vision magazine.
Your gift is a sacred trust. We promise to honor your generosity and use your donation in the most effective way possible. The gift options shown reflect World Vision projects and the suggested donation amounts are based on periodic surveys of the countries we serve. Each item is representative of the gift category in which it appears, and donations will be used to provide assistance within that gift category where it is needed most. When you give any animal gift, a portion of the gift may also help provide watering sources, farming assistance, hunger relief, and other related essentials as needed.
The multiplying effect from grants and donated goods may change throughout the year on identical or similar offers due to variations in the start and end dates of donor grants and our programs.